Compare an image from a list of images in the sql database....tell which image is matching

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Java Compare an image from a list of images in the sql database....tell which image is matching

Post by Munni199011 on Wed May 09, 2012 6:41 pm

There is a database containing a list of image and the name of image.....An image is given random......U have to tell the matching image and find out the name of the image from the list......give me the code in Java or PHP..Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee someone reply me urgent........ Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Munni199011
Pre-Alpha Release
Pre-Alpha Release

Course(s) :
  • N/A

Blood Group : NULL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Java Re: Compare an image from a list of images in the sql database....tell which image is matching

Post by BIT0213-forhad on Wed May 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Dear munni welcome to our forum but sorry to say, this is not a 'get home work done' forum.Try yourself first and show your efforts than we can try to help you. Smile

Thank you

BIT0213-forhad
Alpha Release
Alpha Release

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Java Re: Compare an image from a list of images in the sql database....tell which image is matching

Post by BIT0112-Rokon on Thu May 10, 2012 1:11 am

two things, do you want to match with image name or with the whole image.
if you want to match with simply name, that must be easy.
but if you want to match with a random image, then the story will get little bit harder.

some question regarding your post(I'm not going to solve your problem but I can suggest you something that may help you)
1. what are you going to do?
2. why do you need to store image in database, why not in filesystem ?
3. why do you need image matching things?

and if you tell us the whole story, we may suggest you some way that might help you to solve your own problem.
the thing is, Forhad already said, this forum is not kind of "get home work done" type forum. We simply help each other. That's all. and definitely we are very much helpful.

Code Explosion Blog | Code Explosion Wiki | The Rokonoid | নির্ঝরিণী
BIT0112-Rokon
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

View user profile http://blog.codexplo.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0130-Shakkhor on Thu May 10, 2012 1:43 am

Hello there,
Matching images may be a bit difficult than matching texts. For example, you can macth exact text or use RegEx for texts, but this is not possible for images. Two similar looking images may have completely different binary representations.

Fortunately, solution exist for this problem. What you're looking for, is known as Content-based image retrieval. To the best of my knowlwdge, there is no existing PHP library for achieving this.

However, you can build a library of your own if you're interested. This type of matching can be easily done using a neural network named Self-organizing map. Codes for SOM in PHP should not be hard to find in the internet. Modifying a SOM library should achieve this easily.

Blog | বাংলা ব্লগ
BIT0130-Shakkhor
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Munni199011 on Thu May 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Thank you for all ur co-opearation.....My problem is solved....I have done it using VB.......

Munni199011
Pre-Alpha Release
Pre-Alpha Release

Course(s) :
  • N/A

Blood Group : NULL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum