Web development tutorial:Thinking of a web site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Web development tutorial:Thinking of a web site

Post by BIT0209-Sharif on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:21 pm

Thinking of a web site:
A website can be a great way to tell people about yourself, join the community of whatever you are writing about and impress your friends. Anybody can own their own piece of the web, but not every site will be successful.In this article I will show you how to create a successful web site.If you are really a creative person but there is no way to share your creativity alongside the world. Web technology is one of the good place to show your creativity,but how.....

I describe this step by step.
Step 1.
Firstly you need a domain name. In this web development tutorial I will show you how to create a successful website. Domain name is very important for you because it is the name of your site. You need to buy a domain name or free domain name.
Step 2.
After choosing your domain name you need a host company where you keep your web site content.
You need to buy a domain host or free domain host.

Above this two steps really easy. After completing this two steps you need to know many web related language to build up your site content such as HTML,CSS,JAVA SCRIPT,PHP etc. In this web development tutorial I will show you how? To develop a web site you need to understand many things such as cPanel,forum,wordpress,search engine etc.In my web development tutorial I will describe this beginners level to upper level. Please try to understand my every day tutorial and practice it.In my next tutorial I will show how to run a HTML code.

Last edited by BIT0209-Sharif on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : a user has commented about the topic)
BIT0209-Sharif
Alpha Release
Alpha Release

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Web development tutorial:Thinking of a web site

Post by BIT0210-MJSunny on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Sharif welcome to the forum. We hope you will continue the tutorial. This is very helpful for those who want create his/her own website. Good work keep it up. rep++
BIT0210-MJSunny
Global Moderator-RC

Course(s) :
  • BIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0107-Toma on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:16 am

BIT0209-Sharif wrote:In my next tutorial I will show how to compile a HTML code.

HTML codes are not compiled. They are interpreted by the browser.

Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0130-Shakkhor on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:00 am

Please take this as a constructive criticism. I'm not questioning your knowledge and/or talent here. I'm merely trying to point out some problems in this tutorial.

In my opinion, it's very shallow. Most of us already know these, so I assume that this is a tutorial for the absolute beginners. People who know these will easily understand what you're trying to say. But they already know these so they won't be needing it.

Now, for absolute beginners, the tutorial isn't very good either. The step-by-step description you provided doesn't describe a lot of things a beginner may not know. For example, you said that they'll be needing a domain name, but you didn't provide any example. A beginner may not know what domain name is. Infact, when i was a beginner, i didn't know what a domain name was.

Before writing a tutorial, you need to have clear understanding about what you're writing. Apparently, in this case, you don't have it. You're saying "Compile HTML" which is incorrect and potentially harmful for a beginner. Please try to be accurate.

Tutorials are supposed to be practical. You're simply saying what things are done to build a website, when a tutorial should describe exactly how things are done. In this case, showing how to buy a domain name is too uch to ask, but you could have simply provided a description about what domain name is.

Finally, i can see that you have copied some of the sentences from other places.
A website can be a great way to tell people about yourself, join the community of whatever you are writing about and impress your friends. Anybody can own their own piece of the web, but not every site will be successful.In this article I will show you how to create a successful web site.
Copied from here. This is a very poor way of writing. If you copy something, then provide the source too. Otherwise, simply rephrase them.

Anything and everything I'm saying here is my personal opinion. I'm very happy to see you guys writing here, and I'm saying this only to improve the quality of your writing. I hope you'll write more tutorials and i'm sure they'll be excellent. Smile

rep++

Blog | বাংলা ব্লগ
BIT0130-Shakkhor
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by topbdseo on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Good job. and I don't know Advane PHP and Script. I need advance PHP and Script learning site.

topbdseo
Pre-Alpha Release
Pre-Alpha Release

Course(s) :
  • N/A

Blood Group : NULL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down