"Hello world" in J2ME

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Hello world" in J2ME

Post by BIT0216-Habib on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:54 pm

J2ME stands for Java 2, Micro Edition. It is a stripped-down version of Java targeted at devices which have limited processing power and storage capabilities and intermittent or fairly low-bandwidth network connections. These include mobile phones, pagers,wireless devices and set-top boxes among others.

Anyway, After a long search I got a way to run a simple J2ME program. I don't know weather its a good way or not. but the main thing is that I compiled and run a program. Here's the way i tried and succeed:

Step 1: you will need a wireless toolkit like "java wireless toolkit for CLDC". just download it and install.
Step 2: Run the program. create new project and give project name and MIDlet class name. Click OK.(J2ME class called MIDlet Class)
Step 3: You will have another window and set Target platform Custom and MIDP 2.0. Click OK.
Step 4: you will have a path of java source file........\Documents and Settings\Admin\j2mewtk\apps\your project Name\src. Place your .java file there and save it.
Step 5: Back to the main interface and Click run button. you will have your output there with a mobile interface. If you have any error you will get error warning from the interface.

Though i'm looking for better way but I think its helpful. The sample code and description is available in this video tutorial.
BIT0216-Habib
Administrator-RC

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Hello world" in J2ME

Post by BIT0122-Amit on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:16 pm

Good work ^_^

|About me|My Blog|
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

View user profile http://iitdu.forumsmotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0210-MJSunny on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:52 am

Good work. rep++ :accepted:
I this is helpful for me. It seems little difficult for me. So that i search for a easier process and found one. Here it is click this link
BIT0210-MJSunny
Global Moderator-RC

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top